Flags of Convenience

Flags of Convenience
Bay Crossings Cult Classic

Saturday, August 13, 2016

City College of San Francisco's Jazz Studies Program Needs More Students

Last May Bay Crossings profiled David Hardiman Sr. – the legendary thoroughbred race track Golden Gate Fields, where he presides as the bugler. He also happens to be Prof. Emeritus of Jazz Studies at City College of San Francisco.

We recently learned that his son, David Anthony Hardiman Jr., is sending out an urgent appeal for students to register for courses he teaches at CCSF before August 16:

Jazz Band/Stage Band and Jazz/Rock Improvisation.

Both classes have produced stellar players in the past, but the program is not getting the support it needs to continue this fall. All promising young musicians are encouraged to sign up.

Details can be fournd here:  


1 comment:

  1. Hello Paul,

    Thanks so much for the great article that you published about me as the Bugler at Golden Gate Fields as well as the Bio that you included. Most people don't know my history and background, and only see me out front at the Golden Gate Fields Race Track playing the traditional "Call To The Post". Anyone interested can go to my website to find out what I have been doing as a Professor Emeritus at CCSF and my Professional career of which I am still performing almost weekly. website: www.freewebs.com/davidhardiman Thanks for the mention about the Jazz Studies Program at CCSF of which my son David Anthony Hardiman is carrying on the 30 year Legacy for me. Hopefully interested musicians will enroll and spread the news.

    Peace and Blessings,

    David Hardiman, Sr.

    ReplyDelete